Why are we doing it?
The 21st Century is the African Century. In 2035, more young Africans will be entering the workforce than from the rest of the world combined. But in a world where an estimated 50% of jobs that exist today won’t exist in 20 years, students need education models that will equip them with a set of 21st Century skills that will enable them to succeed no matter what the future looks like.
Funds raised from K4TK will build on Nova Pioneer’s existing commitment to focusing on 21st century skills by launching innovative new initiatives in the crucial fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, as well as funding scholarships for students who otherwise would not be able to pursue such opportunities. Nova Pioneer’s STEM vision is to launch innovative spaces where students and teachers can gather to invent, collaborate, and learn — providing hands-on learning experiences and building STEM-related skills that will empower Novaneers to shape the future.
There are 3 major STEM categories that K4TK will fund:
- Equipment & Curriculum — creating the space to facilitate innovative STEM learning experiences
- Makerspace and other STEM collaboration labs
- Robotics / coding / 3D printing equipment and curriculum
- Student Opportunities — empowering students to succeed in STEM beyond the classroom
- STEM summer enrichment and afterschool programmes
- Local and international STEM fairs and competitions
- Student Scholarships — providing financial support to students who demonstrate a significant passion and aptitude in STEM fields and who otherwise would not have the opportunity to attend Nova Pioneer